Fondazione Università Ca’ Foscari Venezia seeks to appoint a Fundraiser at Science Gallery Venice
Due to open its doors in 2020, Science Gallery Venice will be a dynamic new space for engaging young adults at the interface between science and the arts. The first space of its kind in Italy, Science Gallery Venice will deliver an innovative, ever-changing programme of exhibitions and events to engage 15- 25 year olds at the dynamic interface between art and science.
As a member of the Global Science Gallery Network, Science Gallery Venice will build on the proven university-linked model of public engagement pioneered by Science Gallery at Trinity College Dublin, but will adapt this model to a different context – the city of Venice, home to a dynamic creative community, some of Italy’s leading scientific institutions, and to an international contemporary artscene.
The Gallery, now entering its development phase, is recruiting an enthusiastic and motivated person to fundraise and cultivate new and existing relationships with supporters with the goal of Science Gallery achieving longterm financial sustainability.
We expect an annual campaign for 2 mln euro ca.
The successful candidate will be passionate about the mission and vision of Science Gallery and have an understanding of our core values and programme of activity.
Science Gallery has a unique opportunity to play a key role in transforming the whole City into a space for creative engagement with science and culture. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership of initiatives and to see them through to a successful conclusion.
Proven experience in fundraising and/or business development, excellent proposal-writing skills and experience of creating strong and fruitful relationships, will be required. High levels of energy and dynamism, together with excellent communication and influencing skills will be vital.
This role is funded by the Fondazione Ca’ Foscari, and it is expected that the successful candidate will liaise on a regular basis with the Development Office to maximize fundraising synergies between Science Gallery and Fondazione Ca’ Foscari and to ensure there is a coordinated and optimal approach to potential prospects.
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
• To work in conjunction with the Development Office of the Fondazione Ca’ Foscari, identifying fundraising opportunities within the priorities which are most attractive for potential donors
• To create a specific SGV Corporate and Foundation Partners Program, to recognize the institutions that continually make the University’s innovative work possible
• To identify and follow up potential prospects both nationally and internationally, organizing prospecting meetings and events and following up on those meetings / events
• Stewardship of relationships with partners (through organizing partner events, supporters lunches, regular briefings etc) and ensuring their continued involvement
• To develop and maintain a database of SGV donors in coordination with the University CRM
• To coordinate with the Development Office establishing procedures for gift processing (online, mail, check, credit card, securities) and ensuring an accurate, timely acknowledgement of donations
• To work with Science Gallery programming and operations team to drive donations and inkind support programme
• To work with Fondazione Ca’ Foscari ensuring fundraising synergies between Science Gallery and Fondazione Ca’ Foscari are maximized, and ensuring that prospects charts are coordinated.
The Science Gallery will consist of a small but very dynamic team and during exhibitions and events all staff are expected to take an active involvement in the delivery to ensure the best possible experience for visitors.
• Passionate about Science Gallery and its mission
• Strong interpersonal skills, coupled with curiosity and openness
• Flexibility of approach is essential. As described in the job specification, an ability to multi-task and take on different roles depending on the demands of the Gallery is required
• An interest in current science, technology and the arts/culture would be of considerable advantage Essential Skill-set
• Excellent networker with proven experience of working with key stakeholder (eg government, foundations, university sector, science/technology corporates and philanthropic individuals)
• Demonstrated fundraising experience with proven track record or equivalent (private sector sales experience in a target driven environment would be considered as comparable)
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with experience of working in a deadline driven environment. Self motivated and can demonstrate experience of structuring their own workload and timelines
• Excellent verbal communications skills, specifically with meeting and presentations skills
• Excellent fluency in writing and presenting in both Italian and English
• Strong computer skills – MS Office, Powerpoint, Web research are essential.
This role will produce all of it’s own paperwork, Experience with fundraising tools/CRM would be beneficial.
Candidates should apply with a motivation letter and CV including the names and contact details of three referees (preferably with their email addresses). Please enclose also copy of Passport or Identity Card.
The interview with the selected candidates will be in Italian and English.
Equal Opportunities Policy
Fondazione Ca’ Foscari is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the employment policies, procedures and practices which do not discriminate on grounds such as gender, marital status, family status, age, disability, race, religious belief, sexual orientation or membership of the travelling community.
SUMMARY OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
• Location: Venice, Italy
• Period of Appointment: 3 years
• Probation: 6 months
• Gross salary: 40.000 - 50.000 euro depending on profile / seniority
• Languages: both Italian and English
• Eligibility to work in Italy
APPLICATIONS AND ENQUIRIES
Interested candidates are invited to send their application (cv and motivation letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “Fundraiser - Science Gallery Venice” with Marco Sgarbi email@example.com in carbon copy.
The deadline for receiving the application is April 1st, 2018.
Venice, March 8th, 2018