Fondazione Università Ca’ Foscari Venezia seeks to appoint an Education and Learning Officer at Science Gallery Venice
Due to open its doors in 2020, Science Gallery Venice will be a dynamic new space for engaging young adults at the interface between science and the arts. The first space of its kind in Italy, Science Gallery Venice will deliver an innovative, ever-changing programme of exhibitions and events to engage 15-25 year olds at the dynamic interface between art and science. As a member of the Global Science Gallery Network, Science Gallery Venice will build on the proven university-linked model of public engagement pioneered by Science
Gallery at Trinity College Dublin, but will adapt this model to a different context – the city of Venice, home to a dynamic creative community, some of Italy’s leading scientific institutions, and to an international contemporary artscene.
The Science Gallery Venice seeks to appoint as a part-time position an Education and Learning Officer. This is a part-time role, 5 hours/day 5 days/week, 4° Level (Italian CCNL Commercio). Reporting to the Science Gallery Director, the ideal candidate is likely to have the ability to work flexibly with a dedicated core team in a busy environment. They will share a passion for the mission and vision of Science Gallery.
The post-holder will have a strong background in art, science and education together with a deep interest in interdisciplinary, project based approaches to learning.
Standard Duties and Responsibilities of the Post
· Co-development and facilitation of in-house educational activities for Science Gallery’s target age group of 15-25 year olds, both through formal education routes e.g. school tours, as well as informal education programmes (Potential Futures, work experience etc.) and internally with the Science Gallery Venice mediator team
· Assist with the development of Continuing Professional Development for second level teachers and Learning Lab with Ca’ Foscari educational area
· Developing a sustainable program for professional / personal development for young people working at Science Gallery as part of this team
· Working management of key education budget lines reporting to Science Gallery Director
· Fulfil mission of Science Gallery “as a creative platform” through development of programmes targeting secondary school students throughout Italy
· Develop and deliver tour and workshop programmes for second level schools
· Contribute to the development of Schools Database within Science Gallery CRM
· Promotion of Science Gallery Education programme at off-site education programmes and events i.e. ArtNight, Venetonight, etc.
· Liaise with the Programming team (in particular Events and Exhibitions), to work as part of a team to provide engaging and surprising experiences for visitors, collaborators and participants at Science Gallery Venice.
· Perform any other duties commensurate with the grade as may be required by the Director of Science Gallery Venice.
Person Specification Qualifications
· The ideal candidate has experience in teaching, developing workshops or youth services background and have a strong background in art, science, humanities or technology
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in developing and managing education projects
· Experience of developing and writing educational material
· Good Knowledge of written and spoken Italian and English
Knowledge & Experience
· Excellent knowledge and experience of the field of public engagement with art, science and education
· Excellent relationship building skills
· A knowledge and passion for the science and arts fields. Candidates will have an enthusiasm for the goals, vision and mission of Science Gallery and a proven record of promoting science and/or the arts.
· A dynamic self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a small flexible team.
Skills & Competencies
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and strong problem solving skills
· Proven project management skills. Candidates must have experience working on many projects at any one time - delivering diverse projects with multiple stakeholders to differing timeframes through multi-tasking and advance planning.
· It skills across a range of packages from publishing, databases, financial and project management software.
Candidates should apply with a motivation letter and CV including the names and contact details of three referees (preferably with their email addresses). Please enclose also copy of Passport or Identity Card.
The interview with the selected candidates will be in Italian and English.
Equal Opportunities Policy
Fondazione Ca’ Foscari is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the employment policies, procedures and practices which do not discriminate on grounds such as gender, marital status, family status, age, disability, race, religious belief, sexual orientation or membership of the travelling community.
SUMMARY OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
· Location: Venice, Italy
· Probation: 60 actual days
· Gross Annual Salary: 13.810 ca. euro.
· Languages: both Italian and English.
· Eligibility to work in Italy
APPLICATIONS AND ENQUIRIES
Interested candidates are invited to send their application (cv and motivation letter) to
firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “Education and Learning
Officer - Science Gallery Venice” with Marco Sgarbi email@example.com in carbon
The deadline for receiving the application is May 28, 2018.
Venice, May 11th 2018